Kindness of the Heart and The National FAM Awards
Terms and Conditions
I. GENERAL DESCRIPTION
For The Family, Inc. (also referred to herein as “the agency”) is the sponsor of Kindness of the Heart and The National FAM Awards, which honors the Parent, Spouse, Sister/Brother, Son/Daughter, and Volunteer of the Year. Awards are also presented for Random Acts of Kindness, Praise & Gratitude, and Kindness to & from Animals. All videos must conform to the agency’s Broadcast Standards and Practices. These include, but are not limited to, the absence of nudity, the use of profanity, and actions deemed incompatible with Kindness of the Heart and
The National FAM Awards. At the agency’s sole discretion, videos submitted may also be posted on, but in no way limited to, the StrongerCommunity.com (aka BeThatHand.com) website, the For The Family Facebook page, and/or the agency’s Youtube.com channel. They may be further used as stated herein and/or in the submission materials. Kindness of the Heart is a year-round celebration of kindness that will include prizes for the three best videos of the Spring, Summer and Fall. The National FAM Awards Ceremony will
honor the first, second and third place winner for the best nomination in each awarded category over the course of a twelve-month period. Additional videos will be featured as time permits.
Persons wishing to enter may send their nomination video as an e-mail attachment to [email protected]. Its length should be a maximum of two minutes. There is a maximum of one nomination video per category, except for the following: Random Acts of Kindness, Praise & Gratitude, and Kindness to & from Animals. Each submitted video must include the following information within the message to which the video is attached: the name and category of the nominee, along with the name and contact information (if the e-mail address is not suitable) of the person making the nomination. Written parental consent is required if the person making the nomination is younger than 18. Each video will then be placed on the agency’s YouTube channel. Submitting your video(s) to [email protected] transfers exclusive ownership of the submitted video to For The Family, Inc. Videos will be
reviewed throughout the year as part of the Kindness of the Heart celebration. All videos are also eligible to be honored at The National FAM Awards on the Friday before Thanksgiving. Finalists will be notified via e-mail. They must provide telephone contact information and a mailing address within two weeks of the e-mail being sent. This will enable the agency to interview them if selected to receive an award, and mail the prize they are entitled to. If this information is not received within the specified period, the agency reserves the right to disqualify them from consideration.
All submissions become the sole property of For The Family, Inc. once they are received at [email protected]. They may then be used in any manner, commercial or otherwise, in any and all media and/or technologies now known or hereafter devised throughout the universe in perpetuity. The agency is not responsible for lost, damaged or misdirected videos under any circumstances. Please keep a copy of your submission. The agency reserves the right to edit and/or alter any submission at its sole discretion. The
agency’s decisions regarding all matters associated with Kindness of the Heart and The National FAM Awards are final and cannot be appealed. All submissions are subject to the terms of these rules and all Entrants agree to be bound by these rules and the agency’s decisions. For The Family, Inc. reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend these rules at any time and the revised rules will be posted on StrongerCommunity.com (aka BeThatHand.com). The rules in effect at whatever time the submission is judged will apply regardless of submission date. The agency is not responsible for Internet system and hardware failures; delayed, incomplete or unsuccessful transmission of video or other entry information; technical malfunctions of anykind; human error; information loss and downtime; or any costs, losses, liability or damages resulting from any such failures. In the event of any such technical difficulty, malfunction or error, For The Family, Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take such actions as it deems appropriate in keeping with the fairness and integrity of Kindness of the Heart and The National FAM Awards, including without limitation a determination to take no action.
Employees of For The Family, Inc., Agency Board Members, and anyone involved in the production or administration of the Contest and/or the Program, as well as the immediate family/same household members of any of the foregoing individuals are not eligible to win any prizes in connection with Kindness of the Heart or The National FAM Awards. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, grandchildren, step- grandchildren, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) non-consecutive
months a year, whether related or not.
2. The Kindness of the Heart celebration and The National FAM Awards are open only to residents of the United States, The District of Columbia, active members of the United States Armed Forces who are deployed abroad, as well as residents of Canada and active members of the Canadian Armed Forces deployed abroad. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. For The Family, Inc. reserves the right to implement new eligibility criteria and/or modify existing eligibility criteria at any time, including, without limitation, geographical and age restrictions.
4. Everyone who submits a Kindness of the Heart/National FAM Awards video must be 8 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Written parental consent is required for persons under 18 (or who are not of the age of majority in their state of domicile) for their entries to be considered.
5. Each person who submits a video nomination (and, any person appearing in the entry) must
not be either a candidate for public office or officeholder and must agree not to become such
during the calendar year in which their nomination is entered.
6. Videos must not have been telecast on national television previously to be eligible for the Contest. After submission of your video, it becomes exclusive property of For The Family, Inc., and you must be able to grant to the agency all rights set forth in the consent forms and/or other releases as required by Producer (collectively, the “Releases”).
7. The agency reserves the right to have video nominations removed from any website which, in the agency’s determination, would bring For The Family, Inc., Agency Board Members, Kindness of the Heart/National FAM Awards Sponsors, or any person or entity associated with the event into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule, or which reflects unfavorably upon any of the aforementioned. The agency reserves the right to disqualify your entry at any time if you fail to remove your video from a website as so directed by Producer.
8. Each Kindness of the Heart/National FAM Awards Entrant acknowledges and agrees that his/her submission may or may not receive exposure in any or all types of media, including without limitation social media sites, news, and entertainment sites (collectively, the “Media”), that competing submissions may receive more or less exposure in the Media prior or subsequent to Kindness of the Heart/National FAM Awards submission, and that For The Family, Inc. and appropriate third parties may initiate, assist or cooperate with Media requests for exposure in connection with any submission(s). The Entrant understands, agrees and assumes the risk that Media exposure of his/her submission, if any, may not be the same or commensurate with that of other competing submissions. The Entrant explicitly acknowledges and agrees that the Releases given by Entrant shall cover any claim, expense or liability arising from or relating to such Media contact or exposure, or lack thereof. Entrant agrees that he/she will report all requests for interviews or any other direct or indirect Media contact to For The Family, Inc. prior to their participation. This will maximize the publicity value of Kindness of the Heart and The National FAM Awards.
9. The order in which videos are presented at the National FAM Awards Ceremony will be determined at the agency’s sole discretion.
10. All Entrants agree that neither For The Family, Inc., Kindness of the Heart/National FAM Awards sponsors, or any associated person or entity is responsible for any error, omission, interruption, delay, deletion or defect with respect to the transmission of the Awards Ceremony, or with efforts to build community awareness associated with the event.
11. The agency reserves the right to change voting eligibility and procedures at any time.
12. In addition to the rights granted when submitting a Kindness of the Heart/National FAM Awards nomination video to For The Family, Inc., Entrants whose videos are chosen for possible inclusion in the event or thereafter must sign a Release and Indemnity in the form presented by the agency attesting, among other things, to the fact that they are the rightful owners of the submitted videos and that the video may be submitted and broadcast, and ownership transferred to the agency, without obtaining permission from or making any payment to any third party. Any submission containing third party content may be subject to disqualification. All persons submitting a video or appearing in or heard in a video must sign the applicable Release(s) (which shall, among other things, grant to Producer the ownership rights in the video(s) and the right to use such person’s name, voice and likeness in any manner, commercial or otherwise, and in any and all media and/or technologies whether now known or hereafter devised throughout the universe and in perpetuity, including, without limitation, for programming, promotional and advertising purposes) before the submission can be eligible for recognition. A parent or legal guardian must sign the Release forms for minors. Failure to provide requested Releases and/or consents may result in disqualification of Entrant. These Release forms will be provided by the Producer following video submission. Notwithstanding the foregoing, and without limitation of the rights granted to Producer, the submission of a video constitutes the Entrant’s permission to use the video and the name, voice and likeness of the Entrant, as well as the Entrant’s representation that he/she has obtained all necessary permissions and approvals to use the video and the name, voice and likeness of all persons appearing in the video, in connection with Kindness of the Heart and The National FAM Awards Ceremony and any and all other exploitations thereof or otherwise, including, without limitation, for programming, advertising and promotional purposes, in all media and/or technologies, now known or hereinafter created.
13. Each submission must be solely the original work of Entrant(s)/submitter(s) and/or each Entrant represents that his/her submission does not infringe on any third party’s copyrighted material trademark or other intellectual property rights, or privacy or publicity rights.
14. By submitting an entry, each Entrant agrees to release, discharge, defend and hold harmless For The Family, Inc., Agency Board Members, Kindness of the Heart/National FAM Awards sponsors, or any person or entity associated with the event, as well as each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies and each of their respective licensees, assigns, officers, directors, employees, members, partners, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any claim, expense or liability arising from or related to submission, exhibition or exploitation of the entry, participation in Kindness of the Heart and The National FAM Awards, or otherwise and/or acceptance or use or misuse of any prize associated with the event.
15. Each Entrant agrees that his/her participation and submission shall be governed by and construed under and in accordance with the laws of the United States and of the State of Florida applicable to contracts entered into and wholly performed therein. Each Entrant consents and agrees to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts of the State of Florida, located in the County of Hillsborough. Any claims shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and all such claims shall be limited to actual out-of- pocket costs incurred, but in no event to include attorneys’ fees.
IV. JUDGING CRITERIA
National FAM Awards video nominations will be judged by For The Family, Inc. on the basis of inspirational value, sincerity, and uniqueness. All videos must conform to the agency’s Broadcast Standards and Practices policies, based on its judgment, as determined in its sole discretion.
1. The agency will select videos for possible inclusion as follows:
A. Each video will be assigned a number, and logged in.
B. Agency representatives will conduct an initial review (the “Initial Review”) of all submissions and will (as determined by their sole discretion) advance those videos that best satisfy the criteria noted above. The agency reserves the right to reevaluate any submission at
any time, but has no obligation to do so.
C. As long as the video nomination conforms to Broadcast Standards and Practices policies, it will be featured on the agency’s YouTube channel and honored accordingly. This is apart from any recognition earned through the Kindness of the Heart/National FAM Awards review process.
D. Agency representatives will view videos that are advanced beyond Initial Review for possible consideration as a National FAM Awards Finalist.
E. Three finalists will be selected for each National FAM Award category. Each will be notified by e-mail, and must submit contact information that includes their telephone number and mailing address.
F. The winning nominee in each category will be interviewed prior to The National FAM Awards Ceremony to offer their impressions about being selected. Each acceptance interview will be shared during the Awards Ceremony. All interviews become the sole property of For The Family, Inc. and may be used in any manner, commercial or otherwise, in any and all media and/or technologies now known or hereafter devised throughout the universe in perpetuity.